Privacy Notive V4 – Last updated January 2021
Aireworth Dogs in Need takes your privacy seriously and are committed to protecting your personal information. This notice sets out how Aireworth Dogs in Need uses the information that you provide us with to help further our work in protecting dog welfare.
We will not sell your data to any third parties, but we may sometimes share your information with trusted service providers such as Microchip Providers and Agria Insurance who provide new adoptees with 5 weeks free pet insurance with no obligation. We also ensure that any third parties with access to your data are held to strict standards for data use and security.
Who are we?
By Aireworth Dogs in Need (the Data Controller) we mean:
- The charity, Aireworth Dogs in Need (registered charity number 1162052);
Your Information – what we collect and how we use it
Aireworth Dogs in Need will only ever use any data collected in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. We collect information such as names, contact details and demographic information when we are contacted by a member of the public, for example to:
- Express an interest in Aireworth Dogs in Need
- Adopt or Foster a dog for ADIN
- Request the charity’s services
- Offer support, ie. financially
- Volunteer in any other capacity
How we ensure we are using your information properly
The legal basis that Aireworth Dogs in Need rely upon to process your personal data will be one of the following, depending on the circumstances in which it has been collected and used:
- Where you have provided your consent to allow us to use your data in a certain way, such as receiving news by email, phone or text message
- Where the processing is necessary to honour a contract with you
- A legal obligation to use or disclose information, such as retaining records for Gift Aid purposes, or disclosing information relating to incidents involving dangerous dogs for insurance purposes under the Dangerous Dogs Act
- Where it is in our legitimate interests to perform administrative functions such as processing donations or following up an information request and to support our charitable purposes. Our use will be fair and balanced and never unduly have an impact on your rights.;
Aireworth Dogs in Need will not rent, swap or sell your personal information to other organisations for them to use in their own marketing activities.
Aireworth Dogs in Need will always ask for your consent before we communicate with you for certain purposes. You can withdraw your consent at any time by phoning 07551 891117 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legitimate interest is a legal ground for processing your data. It means that our use of your information must be fair and balanced to ensure we consider your rights and interests as an individual.
We believe that the best way to look after the interests of our supporters is to consider their unique interests and expectations and we have established the following categories of Aireworth Dogs in Need supporter. We do not keep your information for longer than necessary.
- Volunteered or fostered a dog for ADIN – These are supporters that have volunteered and fostered dogs for us and whose contact information we hold. We will hold your personal information for 2 years after you have last volunteered, fostered or contacted us;
- Aireworth Dogs in Need Adopter – These are supporters that adopted a dog from ADIN and on average a dog in the UK (breed dependant) lives to the age of 12 years old. We think that because we offer rescue back up for the dog you adopted that you would like to remain in contact with us throughout their lifetime and we will therefore keep your personal information to allow for this;
- Financial Supporters of ADIN – These are supporters that help or have helped us with financial gifts. A supporter’s pattern of giving can often change over time but because as a charity we claim Gift Aid and have a legal requirement to hold Gift Aid declaration records for a period of 4 years and therefore we will hold your records for this period.
- Demonstrated an interest in Aireworth Dogs in Need via an enquiry – We think someone that has reached out to us to find out more about Aireworth Dogs in Need and what we do, would like us to provide that information. To support this, we keep your personal information for a period of 2 years.
We will not use or disclose information about you unless we are legally obliged to do so e.g. we are required by law to keep records of gifts that are given to us with Gift Aid for 4 years.
Changes to your data (rights of access)
From time to time we may contact you to ensure that the information you have provided us with remains accurate and up to date. Should you wish to change your preferences you can do this by contacting us:
Aireworth Dogs in Need, Airedale Mill, Unit 10G Orchard House, Lawkholme Lane, Keighley, West Yorkshire. BD21 3JQ
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with us or with the Information Commissioners office https://ico.org.uk
Cookies and Web Privacy/Security
We at Aireworth Dogs in Need guarantee our commitment to respecting and protecting your online privacy and this includes your need and your right to know what we do with the personal information you share with us. Financial transactions made online to Aireworth Dogs in Need using this site are secure. No one can access your credit card details via the internet.